When deciding whether to outsource any service for your business, you will have to weight the costs and benefits of any efficiency gains to be made from not handling the process in house with the loss of oversight and control you may have to give up to an outsider. Depending on the particular service, it could be essential for the business to retain control over the process. However, when it comes to outsourcing your mail and sort needs for your business, it is clear that the benefits far outweigh any perceived downsides. If you are on the fence about whether outsourcing your mail and sort needs is the right call for your business, consider the following benefits of biting the bullet.
1. Gain extra real estate. It is no secret that paper mail takes up space. By outsourcing the delivery and sorting of your mail you can free up precious real estate in your office space. This can be put to revenue producing uses, such as hiring additional employees. Another alternative could be that you could downsize your total square footage if you are looking for ways to save on your monthly rent.
2. Improve morale. By outsourcing what most people would rate as menial or tiring tasks, you can improve overall employee morale and spend your resources on training your employees to perform more specialized, necessary tasks. This will not only help increase your bottom line, it could also prevent employee turnover and improve overall stability within the company.
3. Gain accountability. Any savvy business will require a contract with an outside vendor to provide mail and sorting services. This imposes a certain responsibility and accountability on the outside vendor, which you can rely on for peace of mind in the event something does not go as smoothly as planned with your mail management.
4. Streamline company focus. By eliminating necessary, yet distracting processes from the company’s daily grind, employees can zero in on other aspects of the company that could benefit from increased attention. Also, mail room employees will necessarily have to be supervised, so outsourcing these tasks will free up management to focus on the career development of other employees.
5. Gain outside knowledge. Just because your company has been managing a necessary daily process the same way for years does not mean that that way is the best way to go. Relying on outside experts can give you a boost in productivity in ways that you may not even anticipate. It is possible that your mail sorting process has been bogged down with unnecessary time sucks for years without it ever occurring to you that there could be a boost in efficiency.